- Automatic Collection: DDC uses common Internet technologies such as cookies and Web beacons to keep track of users' interactions with DDC's Sites, Products and Services and to improve the quality of its service. DDC may also collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address to track and aggregate non-personally identifiable information, your referring website addresses, browser type, domain name and access times.
- Cookie: When you visit one of DDC's Sites and/or utilize a DDC Product or Service, DDC's servers send a cookie (a small file with a string of characters) to your computer. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify you but would recognize your web browser; unless you choose to identify yourself to DDC (through an account or otherwise), you will remain anonymous to DDC. A cookie can be either session based (assigned to you each time you sign in) or persistent (it identifies browsers that have previously visited DDC's Sites or utilized a Product or Service). Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can disable your web browser's ability to accept cookies; however, if you do so, certain Site, Product or Service features may not work.
- Web Beacon: A web beacon is an electronic image on a web page that recognizes certain types of information on your computer when you visit that particular web page.
- IP Address: an Internet Protocol Address is a numerical label that is assigned to each computer on the Internet.
- Referring website address: a referring website address identifies the address of the webpage you were on previously.
- Browser: A browser is a software application used for retrieving, presenting, and traversing information resources on the World Wide Web.
In addition, DDC may utilize third parties to track and analyze usage information, and in so doing may use third party cookies. Please see more detailed information below under "Third Parties" if you would like to know more about third party cookies.
- Voluntary Collection: DDC may collect certain information that personally identifies you ("PI") or is protected personal information ("PPI"), such as your name, address, email address and/or billing information (collectively referred to herein as "personally identifiable information"), if you choose to share such information. For example, this information may be requested as part of account registration, the purchase of Products or Services, or some other information request. The decision to provide this information is optional; however, if you elect not to register or provide the requested information, you may not be able to access certain content, products, services or features or participate in certain areas of the Site.
- Publicly Posted: Information that you post on or through any public areas on the Sites (or elsewhere on the Internet) may be collected and used by anyone and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
The information we collect enables DDC to:
- customize the advertising and content you see
- fulfill your requests for Products and Services
- improve its services
- contact and communicate with you
- conduct research and analysis
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
- provide you with additional information
WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
- We may share non-personal information with others, such as advertisers, sponsors and business partners, in aggregate anonymous form (meaning the information shared will not contain any personally identifiable information about you).
- We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who facilitate communication on behalf of DDC for DDC's marketing and promotional efforts and/or for other information dissemination on behalf of DDC.
- We may sell, rent or share your personally identifiable information, provided we have received your prior permission, to third parties to send you marketing and promotional information not related to DDC that may be of interest to you.
- Your personally identifiable information may be transferred to third parties such as technical agents, payment processing vendors, consultants, advertising companies and among our affiliates for the performance of DDC services or making products available to you.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with all relevant information about the vendor, items(s) purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- All companies working for and with us that DDC provides with your personally identifiable information are contractually required to protect your personally identifiable information and keep it confidential; they are not permitted to sell or otherwise disclose your information to third parties except as authorized by us and you or as permitted or required by law.
- In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation, we may transfer, sell or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information if permitted by law or required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our customers or users of our Sites, Products or Services.
PARTIES UNDER 13
- We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under 13 to ensure compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"). COPPA and its accompanying regulations under United States federal law protect the privacy of children using the Internet. Because we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13, we do not knowingly distribute information to third parties. Our Sites, Products and Services may include content that may be unsuitable for children under 13 and are not necessarily monitored. DDC encourages parents to talk to their children about online safety and to monitor their children's use of the Internet.
- From time to time, DDC might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities to perform certain services on behalf of DDC. For example, DDC might contract with service providers to provide credit card processing, data management, promotional services, web hosting, web development, etc. In such cases, DDC would provide the service providers with the information needed for them to perform their respective services. Service providers may use third party cookies.
- Advertisements appearing on the Sites or through Products and Services may be delivered to users by DDC or one of its advertising partners. Advertising partners may set third party cookies (or other technologies such as pixel tags), to compile information about where you or others who are using your computer saw their advertisements and analyze and optimize the performance of the ads.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Information that DDC collects from the Sites, Products and Services is stored on servers that DDC solely manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, DDC cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Sites, Products or Services and you do so at your own risk.
Or you can contact us by mail at:
26500 W. Agoura Road, Suite 102-595
Calabasas, CA 91302
In addition, if you wish to exclude your personally identifiable information from our direct marketing or from being shared with, or rented or sold to a third party, or if you would like to update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personally identifiable information, or otherwise manage communications your receive from DDC, please contact us at the above.
The additional information under this heading is provided for the Pizza.com website operated by DDC. Please review it carefully if you utilize the Pizza.com Site as a consumer.
Effective: [January, 2012]